Thursday 10 March 2011

Opportunity!

Finished the first week of classes. I had a good long vacation. How did it go? Pretty good. I taught classroom language and my lesson plan was tight to begin with and got tighter coming into things.

This year my teaching goal is to tighten all the lessons I made last year to make them much more interesting.

My bosses listen to me last year when I told them I needed my classes to be split into low level and high levels in order to teach better. Without telling me this year they made the change. When I got my schedule this week, I noticed I was teaching more classes this year. I would rather teach more then teach 35 students at a mixed level. My voice is strong and and my presence is powerful but by the end of last year I exausted myself trying to teach two levels at once in each classroom. Like many teachers, I have co-teachers who are too busy to fully understand and help me implement my lessons.

Organizing the tables into a hexagon table with myself into a pattern is helpful to control the students, last year.

Last year, I had to move classrooms so my preparations for class had to be set up very quickly and taken down 5 minutes before and after.

But besides getting my schedule request honored, they also gave me my own classroom. I was so happy about this that I hugged my boss when she told me. Hugged. I have so many more opportunities for lesson planning with my own classroom. Also, less busywork, and more teaching.

Looking forward to the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment