Wednesday 4 March 2015

How I Want to be Burried.

I would like to be returned to the life cycle. My body should decay and be eaten so I do not wish to prolong this with environmentally destructive methods.

My body should be un-embalmed and my casket should be free of preservatives. My cemetary should also be helpful and supportive of this. And finally, it should be clear to the people who handle my body how I want my body to be treated.

As of writing this: there are 150 natural cemetaries in America. That means that there are no concrete burial vaults in the ground and they are focused on encouraging the bodies to decay.

As for a coffin, it is possible to buy a naturally made and biodegradable coffin such as those found on naturalendings.co.uk. They have pine, bamboo, cane, and more, and even cardboard.

Ideally, though I would like to be burried as naturally as possible. If I can be to be burried in a forest- that would be great.

Even though I am relatively young, I wish to prepare for this eventuality.


No comments:

Post a Comment