Wednesday 24 August 2011

Thank You Mulme Healing Farm

Smile.

Smile. 

Mulme Healing Farm has changed my life. 

I came to learn about herbalism and left with clarity and more positive outlook on life.

Many things were hard and difficult and uncomfortable. They made me stronger.


It could have been the backaches during meditation, or the pains from the bleeding cuts,  or the constant squats, or the jungly heat in a polytunnel, or the 10kg bags of soil to fill, 


They made me stronger.


I was lucky to have good teachers.

Thank you teachers.

Yang Heejern Nim is a great teacher besides a farming. His positive energy and charisma is directing towards helping people and being a healer. He is not an herbalist. His approach to healing about developing a positive mind and eating safe food. He has helped me immensly and I will always be greatful about that. He has become something that I call a "Life" teacher. Life isn't easy. It can be difficult and we have to prepare our bodies and our minds to deal with the situations we are presented with. 

I have been impressed by his hard and dilligent life. He can be weeding a field and then off to deliver fertilizer. And after he goes out to do some exercise. When completely exausted one day, having spent 5 hours weeding, Yang invited me to marathon train. Because of his positve energy I said yes.

I passed the test to become his student. I will come back to the farm for another test. Before I go back I must meditate at least an hour a day and do 10 minutes of gumdo. Even if I'm drunk, I must do this.And I must prepare for my next tests. 


After Marathon training. 

Kim Ju Hee is a really positive person. I call her little tiger big sister because she is small and strong. In the field her calm presence was very helpful for me. JuHee and I cooked a lot of food together. We spend a lot of time in the field together. We harvested corn. We picked grapes. We weeded fields. We weeded under the tangerine trees.Watching her weed was like a meditation. She calmly and with concentration went about her tasks I remember her homemade makeoli. I remember tasting foods that were lovingly made. I remember her joke, "I am lucky," "You are lucky," when one of us would eat a hot pepper. I remember how impressed I was with her scaling huge hill on a bike trip. That's when I starting calling her little tiger big sister.





 I have really found memories of them both. Meditating with them. Eating positive organic food. Working on a hot day. Cooling off by going to the sea and swimming by the cliffs. Developing bimbimpap.


There is much to write about your farm and tell people. I will change many things too in my life. I look forward to the eco-designing and building with your farm.


My wife has modeled my apartment around a simpler space like Mulme Healing Farm. The apartment has been made a better place. The atmosphere is good. The TV has been unplugged and stored. She made a meditation space in a room. We've have meditating together. Her schedule is different from mine that sometimes I  meditate myself.


I get hope and strength from my memories on Mulme Healing Farm. I look forward to return again and to live a life more like Mulme Healing Farm. For now I have to deal with my present situation. I really understand that.

The work for the farm continues here. 

I am projecting my positve attitude. I am really aware of positve and negative energy. I try to maintain good feelings around everybody.. My feelings are good. Many good signs too since the beginning of going to the healing farm.. I am projecting positive energy to people and co-workers. . I think they see my a more positive mind than when I was home.

My classroom is acomfortable place for the students. I am playing happy music and being a fun! teacher to them. We played some game passing around a ball and asking a question to the student. The students are really enjoying ihis change. 

Some negative forces are too strong for me to change some minds.These are poor people with stressful lives.  They need a stronger positive force. then mine. But still I maintain what positivity I have.

Many people are laughing about my darker  skin at school so I just smile about it. A tan is not popular in Korea.  Some people do not understand about farming. But some, when I tell them about the farming I expericed are really curious. They asked me if it was difficult. I tell them. No, it's just different from teaching. My boss found the article about Wwoofing in Mulme Healing Farm in the Chosun Ilbo. So I and Yang are a little famous, right? 

Yay for organic farming!


No comments:

Post a Comment