Thursday 1 September 2011

Bimbimbap Me!

I love bimbimbap .It's so tasty and healthy. It's the perfect amount of food. 

 It means mixed rice. A mixture of vegetables, rice and sauce. The traditional recipe incorporates wild foods such as gosari or fernbraken. In the modern era with more variety of foods available the style can change some what. It always contains rice and vegetables. It usually includes an egg, but sometimes meat, sometimes raw fish. or sometimes plain. All styles I find are delicious. At Mulme Healing Farm the farm manager and I made different bimbimbaps using different combination of vegetables sauces and proteins. 

For the sauce I usually make pepper sauce made by mixing pepper sauce, soybean paste, garlic, some tangerine jam, and a little water. 







The style at my home changes everyday. There are endless combination by just taking one food group and exchanging it with another. Just for Sometimes carrot. Sometimes, mixtures of different bitter greens with a nice sauce. Sometimes, one ingredient. I've even change the white rice to brown rice or millet sometimes which would make it not bimbimpap anymore. Because bap means rice. However, the style is close enough for my taste.

This week I've eaten a lot of it this week. My camera is not working at the moment so I can not post pictures unfortunately.

Today, I tried it with some healthy raw mackerel and bitter purplish greens. Mackerel is filled with Omega-3 fatty acids and polyunsaturated fats which can burn away and become nasty smelling if cooked too long. I'd rather eat it raw to get the best nutrition from it.

Wednesday, I ate bimbimbap with eggs and perilla leaves.

Tuesday, bimbimbap squid and romaine lettuce.

Monday, plain bimbimbap.

There is an art to the color and taste and there are psychological as well as health benefits to that. I don't always have enough colors but I at least have some color. Incorporations of medicinal herbs can be put in and is a great strategy for adding more medicines into your body. The sauce brings together ingredients that are healthy and now become tasty as well.The taste can be great but also how how

It's truly magical stuff and should be part of a healing strategy for many people.A perfect supermeal.



No comments:

Post a Comment