Sunday 28 August 2011

Playing with My Food

This weekend was filled with varied activities of meditation, eco business, and three great conversations. I spent a lot of time in the house to do things. I had time to play a little with my meals. Here is the highlight. 

Saturday I made some kong jeon for lunch. It's basically a pancake with beansprouts. I made a thin batter of organic flour,  eco eggs and chopped garlic chives. I mixed them together. I lightly cooked the bean sprouts in a boiling pot. I then put the bean sprouts in a pan and fried them in a little organic sesame oil and... walla!


The texture was pleasingly chewy. 



I dipped the pancakes in a simple pepper sauce I made using organic gochujang from Moolmaru. Together the salty taste of the pancakes with the sweetnes of the gochujang were great together.

I ate the pancakes with two side dishes. 

These are some fried onions which I had taken from my pickled onion stash. The onions were sour. The were a delightful contrast to the sweet, and salty flavors of the other dishes.  


And I ate a one leaf salad with some of the pepper sauce. 



I loved the meal and I plan on making it again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment