Monday 19 September 2011

Organic Grocery Store List

Want to eat organic? Forget about Lotte Mart and EMart. These are smaller scale operations that are supporting the organic farmer. They are devoted to safe foods and they have my support.

I wrote a blog entry on Hansalim. They are small stores which support local farmers in the area. They have a great selection of prepared food, vegetables, fruit, and frozen organic meat. I buy organic bones here for broths. Here is there website.

There is Shinsi: http://www.shinsi.net/. They are similar to Hansalim in small scale stores. I don't know much more. I haven't been there yet but I plan on soon.

There is Heuksalim which does a weekly CSA delivery. Read about it on my blog. I should be getting my first CSA box delivered very soon!

On the ICoop website,  there are many locations available. They are a bigger company and distribute organic products for many organic farmers in Korea. I would rather support Hansalim and Heuksalim anyday because they are on a smaller scale but this is a good organic store, I've heard.

There is Choruk Maeul.  The food is either low chemical content, zero chemical content, or organic. There are fresh foods and frozen foods from fresh fruit and vegetables; ice cream; organic wine; organic coffee; grains; milk, frozen pizza, and eggs. All meat is antibiotic free too. Daegu Green Alliance has a good review here


There is Nature House. The website is here. I went stumbled into one once upon a time and saw there wasn't much fresh food and a lot of prepared foods instead and supplmements. 



No comments:

Post a Comment